Dalai Lama: “We cannot change the past, but we can reshape the future.”
Policy brief & purpose. We, the Albert A. van Daalen Group (VDG), want to be a socially responsible business that meets the highest standards of ethics and professionalism. Our corporate social responsibility falls under two categories: compliance and proactiveness. Compliance refers to our business commitment to legality and willingness to observe community values. Proactiveness is every initiative to promote human rights, support others, and protect our natural environment.
Policy scope. This CSR policy applies to the global business activities of our group of corporations.
Legality. Our group of corporations will:
• Respect the laws to the extent that these do not conflict with the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
• Honor its internal statutes and regulations
• Ensure that all its business activities are legitimate
• Keep open and transparent which legal entities are managing and responsible party
Business ethics. We’ll always conduct business with integrity and respect to human rights. We’ll promote:
• Fair business and safety in our ICT
• Respect toward our stakeholders
• Anti-bribery and anti-corruption practices
• Internal checks and balances that guards against fraud and errors due to omission
Protecting the environment. Our group of corporations recognizes the need to protect the natural environment. Keeping our environment clean and unpolluted is a benefit to all.
Protecting people. We’ll ensure that we:
• Don’t risk the health and safety of all the people who serve us
• Support diversity and inclusion
Human rights. Our group of corporations is dedicated to protecting human rights. We’ll ensure that our activities do not directly or indirectly violate human rights in any country.
Preserving the environment. Apart from legal obligations, our group of corporations will proactively protect the environment. Examples of relevant activities include:
• Conserving energy
• Using environmentally-friendly technologies
• Sustainable working and traveling
Donation. Our group of corporations donate a % to offset our carbon footprint by planting trees.
The Albert A. van Daalen Group (VDG) is committed to the United Nations Global Compact. We’ll readily act to promote our corporate identity as a socially aware and responsible business.